Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Clarissa's Leads

Lead 1:
Austin has many trademarks. One is Tex-Mex food, a style of cooking which combines elements of Mexican and southwest - specifically Texan - cooking to create the trademark flavors. Tex-Mex pulls heavily on the use of cheese, chilies, and meat to flavor dishes, leaving vegetarians with little more than chips and queso to eat.

Lead 2:
My parents love Tex-Mex food, we generally go to Chuy’s on Friday nights. My mother get ones of the ‘Big as yo’ Face’ burritos or the ‘Chicka-Chicka-Boom-Boom’ enchiladas, my father tends to close his eyes and point to something. I, being vegetarian, get to pick between a chili with cheese stuffed into it, a vegetable enchilada,  quesadias (off the appetizers), or a tasteless salad I could make at home. There’s a reason I fabricate papers on Friday evenings.

Lead 3:
To say that Tex-Mex restaurants have good vegetarian meals is to say cheese makes a good main ingredient. Let me be clear: it doesn't.

4 comments:

  1. We like the directness of the third lead, but it would be better if some of the detail of the first two was added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd agree with the last post. It is very powerful and direct. However, some detail might be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the second and third one they both make good points and the second one is funny so i guess it makes people want to read more. CN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the third one is most compelling. Following it with your personal experience would be useful, though, so that you could establish how you're involved.

    ReplyDelete