Monday, April 11, 2011

Leads (Ariel)

Several years ago, Benny Lewis happened to be in Valencia, Spain, working as a photographer at a party. Spotting a lonely guy in the corner, he walked over, took a girl, and put them next to each other so that he could have another picture. Years later, the man asked gave him a full-day tour of Naples, because that girl became his wife. This isn’t the only time Benny Lewis has brought people together; in fact, he spends every day discovering the way people live and making them feel at ease. (Narrative)

Benny Lewis is always looking for somewhere new to go. Even while stationary, his eyes dart around, checking out the locale, “sussing out the area”. (Description)

Benny Lewis’ life is a massive social network. (Startling Statement)

5 comments:

  1. The last one is really catchy. It grabbed me, making me think "This is really interesting." I would reccomend using it.
    -Banquo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one isn't really a startling statement, however it definitely grabbed me the most. I now want to know more of this "benny lewis"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everyone else, the third lead is the better one even though it itsn't really a starteling statement. I would recommend adding a little more info on this "Benny Lewis"
    -MP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked both the first and third leads. The first one tells you how this Benny Lewis person impacts people's lives, and the third one pulls in the reader. I think you should try to combine the two.
    -ACM

    ReplyDelete
  5. the last lead is the one i like the best for it is short and to the point and makes me want to know more it make a great hook.

    ReplyDelete